[ image ]
tarkovsky - one shot [ mirror ]
* dictionary :
* Theory -- Refers to a significant section of explanatory or theoretical material, often referring to matters of pedagogy or concepts of theatre.
* Examples -- Refers to descriptions of past work done in classrooms or with performers. These examples are usually meant for practical application, as opposed to being presented as abstract case studies.
* Activities -- Refers to a listing of a variety of activities that may be put to use directly.
* Lesson Plans -- An extension on the list of activities, the series of lesson plans aids the educator in putting together a fully realized unit.
* Assessment -- Refers to suggested methodology for evaluating student work.
[ connected with cine101.com and ressieur.us relates to class pages? ]
FOUR STEPS = 1. Cinema (national) : 2. Director : 3. Film(s) : 4. Elements
google video to watch for class (at home) + choices from film.vtheatre.net 2007
list(s) -- movies new titles?
... questions I asked myself (and didn't answer).
Film analysis textbook needs a different aim.
vtheatre.net/fm : 4 Masters
... Art and culture [ Spengler ] = Culture & Civilization (?)
FILM & Movies (textbook?)anatoly.org
Auteur Cinema (Art Films) and movies
Poetics (Aristotle) : Lyrics and Epics
Both based on Dramatic (Poetry)
Form and Narrative
forms and narratives ?
Both are needed -- as prose and poetry
One chapter is on Film, next -- on movie, and so on.
What movie? Four from the "top ten"?
Masterpiece and (commercial) success(?) -- what is the criteria?
... Four Masters (vtheatre.net/fm) -- 4 part only : Film and Its Maker. ("What is Art?") Film is bigger than its director.
About movies? directing.filmplus.org -- craft. Director is bigger than his movies?
"4" (The Four) -- could it be three or five? About the number -- why "four"?
References -- the textbooks I used --
Where to go online --
POD in sellassie.info (?)